Get Urinary Incontinence Under Control
Urinary incontinence affects more than 13 million Americans – both male and female, 80% of whom can be effectively treated via a variety of techniques. It can be caused by infections, pregnancy, menopause, surgery or by being overweight. It can also be brought on by strokes,
diabetes or by certain neurological conditions.
Types Of Incontinence
• Stress Incontinence: happens when a small amount of urine is released while _coughing, laughing, exercising or sneezing.
• Urge Incontinence: occurs when the urge to urinate comes on so suddenly that it is _often impossible to make it to the bathroom in time.
• Mixed Incontinence: combination of stress and urge incontinence.
Indicators – you most likely suffer from urinary incontinence if you exhibit any of the following symptoms:
• Strong urge to urinate
• Have been treated for 3 or more urinary infections
• Difficulty starting urine stream
• Lose urine when coughing, sneezing, laughing
• Waking up to urinate 2 or more times per night
At Premier Women’s Health, we use the technologically superior Lumax™ TS Pro Advanced system to screen for urinary incontinence. This state-of-the-art system allows us to more quickly, easily and comfortably diagnose the condition, enabling us to more effectively treat our patients. We also offer many other treatment options, including non-surgical and surgical solutions.